A. Pre-Drafting Considerations
1. Arbitration Clause or
2. Are There Any Mandatory or Formal Requirements?
3. Are There Any Prior or Related Agreements?
4. How Detailed Should the Clause Be?
5. Single or Multi-step Dispute Resolution Clause?
6. Institutional or Ad hoc Arbitration?
B. Fundamental Elements
of an International Arbitration Clause
1. Which Disputes Should
Be Covered by the Clause?
2. Which Arbitral Regime to Choose?
3. What Place of Arbitration to Designate?
4. Qualifications, Number & Appointment of Arbitrators
5. Language of Arbitration
6. Choice of Law Clause
7. Amiable Compositeur or Ex Aequo et Bono
8. Judicial Review